· I am stoked I PR’d with last blog being longest. blog. Ever! Thanks, Mark, for giving me such an honorable title.
· I can’t find my running sunglasses. Eeeks.
· Weather temps for Monday look ideal – 58 and mostly sunny. That’ll change, don’t worry! After gale-force head-on winds in Tucson for 17 miles, wind is the one weather factor I detest most. It can snow for all I care, just please don’t blow! Of course, if I endure winds of 35 mph, I can use that as a valid excuse for a 5-hour marathon!
· I need to purchase some crappy throw-away gloves. I threw mine away at mile 1 in Atlanta. I now have none.
· I was sleeping well earlier in the week, but jinxed that when I told someone I was, cuz now I’m not.
· I’m eating pretty well. No 3-wishes Genie magically rid my body 7-lb of excess weight overnight – I was, and am, still 7 lbs over marathon weight. Oh well. But I have not screwed up by eating a ton-o- crap; I just seem to be starving and inhaling every protein in sight – way more proteins than I am burning. One more protein-ish day then welcome carb loading. And 3 more lbs. I still love me my spinach/banana protein smoothie - YUMMY!!!
· My washing machine suuuuucks! It gets to a certain point when it decides it wants to stop, locking the front-loading door, and not start again for a few hours. Nothing I can do but scream at it. That helps!
· My twins got their braces off yesterday….I am O-fficially done trekking to the orthodontist – for. ev. er. Until one of them loses their retainers. Which will probably be next week.
· Found my sunglasses – they were on top my head. No joke.
· Ran 5 miles today. They weren’t easy, I won’t lie. My body’s ready for a 10K, not sure how I’ll pull off the last 21 miles. In the end of those hellacious 5 miles, I tried to pretend it was the end of the marathon and I had to push thought it. Trust me, it felt like the end of a marathon. I made it. Phew!
· I vow to never run another marathon in the condition my body currently resides.
· I’m pondering a half marathon, just to jump start some speed work, a few weeks after Boston. I love the half marathon.
· I had to pee so bad at the start of Boston last year, and I went about a zillion times before the start. I seriously considered jumping off into the woods along the side of the race, like all the men did. Thankfully, I found a porta-potty at mile 3; it wasn’t officially part of the race potties it was some construction site and tucked far off the road. I darted across hoards to get to it. No line. Score. I wish I didn’t have a bladder of a 46-year old.
· I heart BBQ potato chips. I could seriously consume an entire bag in one sitting. Man, it’s been a looooong time.
· I need to remember to look up more this year during the race; I couldn’t tell you any landmarks other than Wellesley College girls roaring. And all the hills…Newton to Heartbreak. Oh yea, I could tell you every single degree of incline per step I took in those hill.
· I’ve change insoles in my shoes, as I tend to do for a marathon, but they aren’t cutting it; my feet were on fire tonight, and not in a speedy-way, more like an ouch-way. Old ones back in.
· I rarely watch television, but I watched House a couple weeks ago and I’m totally hooked.
· I need to get my iPod playlist loaded.
· My new shirt to wear in Boston has a much larger pocket in the back than I thought; it's going to hold all my garb perfectly (and probably start killing my back)! I’m all about pockets so I can load all my crap in there: gels, Perpetuem (if I take it), Advil, Aleve, Salt tablets, biofreeze. I love to start a big race with something new to wear, if possible....as long as they aren't orange shorts!
· Finally….I may not run exactly the way I want to in Boston….but I can’t even imagine a better way to spend my 47th birthday. How many people get to run Boston on their birthday??? Me, for one!! I will gut this race out; sometimes it’s enough to simply have the courage to get out there and try!
I don’t think I’ll have time to blog again before I leave so want to say, again, thank you for all your encouraging words and believing in me. I am blessed!!
Now let's get this baby rolling and let's do some running!!!!!! Woohoo, I'm ready to go!!!!!!!
Run strong, friends, run strong!!
Week 14 2010:
Week’s Running totals: 28
Running Total for 2010: 578.45
Running Total for 2010: 578.45
Weight training: 1