- Ever have one of those long runs where you knew ahead of time it was going to be in the toilet? Or am I the only blessed one? As mentioned, not feeling very well this week, barely ran since that lung gagging 2-mile race last weekend, not sleeping much left me totally lethargic on today's 15. And for that precious cherry on top, mile 12 had my heel, the one that's been behaving for awhile now, totally paralyzing me. LOVELY!
|Just me and my shadow, out for our long run|
|A little off center, but this is the trail I run on frequently; probably a huge source of my sinus issues!|
- A HUGE "GOOD LUCK" to my friend, and business partner (better, Andrew?), Chris, who is running the Des Moines Marathon on Sunday. This is his first marathon and only his 3rd race in the incredible one year he's been running. I am so excited and won't even care about my desolate run today when he crosses that finish line in one marvelous time! Click here and wish him well - and it's his birthday - woohooo.
- Another honorable shout-out to Andrew, my newest addition in the business world, GO ANDREW and ROCK that 10K!!!!! 10K's in Canada are the same here in America - in case you all were wondering?! I'm really excited for him, he's just started running this summer and I love all his questions. Questions means knowledge and as a girl who drove my old trainer up the wall with her incessant inquisitions, I get it!
- Sunday is the Denver Marathon (sorry Beth :( ). I will be attempting to reel in, and keep on pace, my neighbor and dear friend, Jim, as he attacks the race that left him miserably dehydrated last year. I'm a wee-bit worried I'm going to fail - I am FAR from his pace anymore. JIM, please don't make me run uphill at a pace starting with an 8!! The COOL thing, though - tomorrow is a blog meet-up lunch with Adam (I am boring), Beth (Shut up and Run) and Tara (Colorado Runner). Looking forward to meeting Adam, and praying for him that the lack of O2 molecules don't mess up his kick-ass pace!!
- Sorry for the double dot spacing....me and blogger are not good friends.