- I'm gonna try to reclaim even a tiny portion of my pre-sucky-heel fitness. I have grand plans to continue having a sore butt with lots of bike miles, get back into some sort of regular scheduled weight training and go to Pilates .... at least twice (let's be realistic).
- I'm taking my son, Brendan, to California so he can climb to the top of the lower 48 states, Mt. Whitney (I, however, have been banned from being at the top with him by meany PT-man.*whaaa*).
- Gets tons of sleep
- I may clean my house. Nah, probably not.
- Eating lots of my favorite summer food:
|Those are my boys in that first raft|
- And of course, I'm going to be doing tons of this, hopefully some in the mountains: running!!!!
A quick note on the running front: It is going awesome. AWESOME!! I have worked my way up to 4.62 fantastic feeling miles (still slow...whatever, that will come back in time. Hopefully) and the pain on the side of my ankle during my initial mile warm-up has pretty much vanished. YAY! The minimalist shoes, the strengthening of my feet muscles, the re-training of my foot to strike mid-foot, the hip and glut strength training, the PT, the better awareness to the diet - it's all coming together very nicely and though I still have heel pain, the intensity has subsided vastly and I couldn't be happier, and excited, with my progress. My difficulty now is that the increased time on my forefoot is causing my weak calves to scream constantly and the fact my cardiovascular running fitness plain and simply sucks....but these will both get stronger, and I can't wait to get out there everyday and make sure it does. I have a very long way to go, but I am running and I am getting stronger....things are looking very promising.
I have my big, bad-a*s bike ride this weekend - 62 very hilly (and most likely windy) miles. Say your prayers I don't die out there, or get attached by another killer moth like last week, or fall and get bloody knees (me???)...I'm so out of my comfort zone, but I've been killing my butt, and girl bits (literally!) for the past 3 months... I think I'm ready.
Run strong, Friends....and write down some ideas of your own for the summer; I can't wait to read where summer takes you.