It's that time again (I know, really?)......
2nd Annual Holiday Blogger Gift Exchange
2nd Annual Holiday Blogger Gift Exchange
For those who of you who were around last year, I hosted the 1st Holiday Blogger Gift Exchange and it went fairly smoothly and was a lot of fun. So what the heck, let's do it again this year. Here's the rules:
- Leave me an, "I'm in" comment if you're interested partaking in the holiday gift exchange. Please also include your email address if a reply to your comment does not automatically take me to your email. If you aren't comfortable leaving your email address in the blog comment, then email me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dollar amount is $10.
- Now, I know almost everyone last year spent well over this amount, but the minimum is $10. Please don't gripe if you spent more and the gift you received was $10. I have to put a dollar limit and this seems like a reasonable amount. It's the thought that counts, right? Right!
- Canadian friends in the frozen North and others far away across the big blue pond can partake, just don't forget the U.S. dollar exchange rate. And your gift may be a bit late, just let your blog buddy know you're from lands afar.
- Deadline to sign up is December 5th at 12pm MST (that's Mountain Standard Time. Yes, there is such a time zone...go ahead and Google it).
- Please share the exchange on your blog and direct them over here, the more the merrier. Last year I think we had about 81 participating ... let's see if we can't double that! Really....I have a plan this year to make the picking go more smoothly, I won't be pulling my hair and drinking lots of beer like last year. Well, maybe lots of beer still.
- I will email you each individually asking for your mailing address. Believe it or not, a mailing address is needed to actually mail a gift :). I will not share your address with anyone but whomever your gift exchange blogger is.
- I will randomly pick a name for your exchangee and email you who that person is by December 8th-ish. People, this is a Secret Santa-y type thingie so go don't blabbing who you are to your blog exchange-er. Go over to your blog exchange friend and poke around to find out who they are ... but don't let on that you are their Secret Santa. Well, you can if you want....you're probably the same kid who snooped around in your parents' closet finding what your gift was before the big day. I know who you are.
- Do not renege on this once you commit. Last year, I signed up to do the Secret Santa at work - something I usually ba-humbug at but thought this was a good attempt to lift my spirit. The rules were simple: send little gifts for an entire week, place them in your work mailbox with little clues as to who your Secret Santa was, then on the last day of the week a larger gift was given and the secret was reveled as to who your Santa was. Um....I got some gum on day one .... and then nothing again. Ever. Totally sucked!
- You cannot ask me for a new name after I send you one. I don't care if they haven't commented on your blog in 3 years, yet you do theirs daily. This is your holiday blog buddy, love them with open arms!
- Though this holiday gift exchange is not any specific religion specific, let's be courteous for those that celebrate and get our gifts mailed before the big holiday dates arrive. I mean....really!! Do not wait until December 24th to mail your gift. I'll be flooding your email inbox if you do, I promise.
- Please blog (with pictures, if possible) your gift and who your gift exchange buddy is once your gift has arrived - and please thank them. I will be watching! I know last year I had to get on a couple people to hurry and get the gift sent...and though I don't mind being a big meany, I just don't want to.
- I'll remind you every blog post I make (I know, I don't blog often, but I will try more with this little shindig), so don't worry, you won't forget!
- This will be FUN!! It will!
- I'm really, really tired and have to get up really, really early so if none of this make sense because I was rambling or if it's chucked full of typos...um, sorry. Let me recap: Tell me you want in the gift exchange, then buy a gift and mail it to the person I tell you. Easy!
Here's some great gift ideas from last year:
|Oh, you know who you are!!|
And of course, please don't forget your host, runwithjill, if you're feeling a little extra giving this year. She likes pink. And sparkly. And anything running related. Here, let me make it easy for you...
Ok, I think that's about it. Let's Exchange!!!