So, you may think that I constantly live in running shoes, and that awesome sock tan line I'm sporting (in early April to boot) might tell a story to confirm this, but there are times, believe it or not, that I actually don't wear running shoes. Especially in spring and summer, when I like my toesies to get a little vitamin D and feel the fresh air. I know, shocker, but it's true.
You guys know I'm not a big giveaway-er on this blog; I've always wanted to create a blog that feels like a journal, to blab away about my running journey; a place we can talk about running and what it signifies on every level. But when onlineshoes.com contacted me to see if I'd do a shoe review for the super cute Ahnu Shoes, and a giveaway to you - my precious, loyal readers - I knew I had to do it.
'Cause I LOVE these shoes. And I want to share the love. I'm just nice like that. And besides, these shoes are awesome to slip on after a long, hard run - they feel incredible. So yeah, they are running related, in a sense :).
Ahnu may not be a well-known name to everyone. Yet. But I first saw these shoes at REI a couple years ago and knew if REI carries them then that indicates the name must be good and the shoes are well-made. According to Ahnu's website:
Ahnu footware focuses on outdoor performance and convenience, with men's and women's styles ranging from water sports to casual exploration.
People, they make EVERYTHING. From sandals to exploration hiking footwear, Ahnu has the shoe.
I was given these Ahnu Karma shoe to test out. They are a slip-on style flat made of full-grain leather. I chose the Mood Indigo color. Super cute, huh?
So here's my thoughts on the shoes after I wore them all day to Easter dinner with my family.
- They are really, really cute. I LOVE to wear all my long pants rolled up to just above my ankles and these were the perfect shoe to compliment the rolled pant look.
|That's that darn sock tan line again. :/|
- The foamy foot padding is really squishy and feels awesome on my tired, achy running feet (did I mention enough times to you all that my feet are just so achy lately?!?! If not, I'll be sure to bring that up again in future posts. You're welcome!).
- Ya'll know I went through that 2-year heel nightmare. I learned in that process that I MUST, MUST, MUST wear flat shoes to strengthen my toe muscles. These do the trick.
- The back heel is stretchy and does not bother my Achilles, like many other flat shoes do (they're too stiff. These are not).
- At first wear, I had a bit of rubbing on the outside of my foot along the arch. But after I wore them for about 20 minutes, that went away and I never again had anything nagging at me.
LOVE these shoes. Love, love, love 'em!
And they can be yours, my friends. Awesome Onlineshoes.com wants to give YOU, one lucky reader of mine, a free pair of the same style. You can chose from many different colors and of course, you don't even have to order a monster size 9's like me, you can order your own size. How cool is that?!?! Unless you WANT to order another size 9 in different color than blue and give them to me....my birthday is next week and all. Or, if you want to keep them for yourself, I'll take other forms of birthday gifts or gift cards, if you just feel you must.
So here's the low-down rules to enter. Very simple:
- Giveaway only to residents in the lovely U.S. of A. Sorry about that to all your faithful friends across the big blue pond (you are still welcome to send me birthday gifts of any sorts, though).
- Be a blog follower of mine and leave me a comment below telling me you are and why you would like to be entered to win.
That's it. I like to make things super easy, I am way too lazy to do much more.
Giveaway deadline ends at midnight, April 19th (that's my birthday, in case I may not have mentioned my birthday is next week. Plenty of time to get out and get those gifts in the mail!). I'll use Random.org to pick the lucky winner and let you know next week.
And speaking of good luck, much luck to those running Boston on Monday. So jealous I won't be there this year....I have such wonderful memories of the times I ran in 2009 and 2010 (2010 I ran it on my actual birthday... in case you forgot that my birthday is next week :)) and I know you will have some great memories form this year, too. And to those running other races besides Boston this weekend (like myself, a half marathon. This is the first of 7 races I have in as many weeks, ending with the Colfax Marathon on May 20th. Yikes!)......
.....RUN STRONG, my friends!!!