Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Not much time to write; I'm super bowl tired! I don't watch much football (any at all is a lot for me) but I was kinda rooting for my Alma Mater's quarterback, Kurt Warner. I watched bits and pieces at home while I was studying and then at a friend's party. Didn't stay too long, but long enough to eat non-healthy foods and thus, my day's diet was pretty much shot. Back on track tomorrow. Sorry for the loss, Kurt.

Had a great 5 mile run with friends over at my favorite park (see yesterday's blog). Crisp air this morning, not as warm as yesterday but it felt great. Went and had coffee (I don't drink coffee so I had a protein shake :) ) afterwards; how relaxing to sit and just talk about upcoming races and allow them to help ease the Boston tension I'm starting to feel. Yes, already. 11 weeks to Boston. Subtract 3 weeks of a taper and that leaves 8 weeks of training. That leaves about 4 or 5 more long runs. That's where my anxiety is starting to creep up into my lungs. I can feel it. I know I have some time....it's just......

Also ran 5 miles at 8:40 pace on the treadmill this evening. Watched The Office while on the beast and I have to honestly say that I may be the only person in my circle of those I know that has never watched an entire episode. It was really funny. I hope I don't become addicted.

I realized today while reading my trainer's newsletter something about him and something about me. He speaks from his head. I speak from my heart. I run from my heart, he tries to teach me to run from my head. It's a concept I will discuss more when I have time...but I need to go to bed, the 5am alarm comes awfully early when it's after 11:00. A big thanks to him, though, for allowing my article in his newsletter. You can read it on his website: http://www.soulpersonaltraining.com/

Happy February (I am one glad person that January is over!)

10 miles run

No comments: