Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sinus Infection #5982

And that's just within the past 3 years, when all these complications with my sinuses started. Last one: 2 days before Mt. Evans. Next one: 2 days before Park City Marathon. Arghhhhh!

I suspected something was up yesterday when I developed a headache that never wanted to leave, despite being on the borderline of overdosing on Tylenol. Suspicion was confirmed when I slept horribly last night, woke up at 4am with a killer headache and pressure on my sinuses like you wouldn't believe and then came home from work and crashed. Majorly. Quick trip up to Urgent Care, which honestly is such a luxury. I don't have to make an appointment, just walk in and 10 minutes later I'm out with a prescription for an antibiotic and nasal steroid. Sweet!

I forfeited my run today. That'd be failed #2 run for the week...but I'm not sure you count a run as a failure if you fail to even attempt it. I decided it was better with my sinus mess to just not run; I really do not feel that great and well, I have 26 miles to run in two days. I only had 4 miles on my plan. I didn't let Rob know. I've emailed him about 50 emails in the past 3 days and the last couple, when I got down to some more serious stuff, have not heard back so opted not to bother him more. If I wake up early tomorrow, I'll run a few miles but if I don't (that's be a miracle!) then I'm not going to worry about it.

I was so swamped at work today with late registration that I didn't have time to wallow further in self-pity over the article and now I'm not sure if my lifeless body is due to article or sinuses but I feel better about the mile and think once this mess is cleared in my head, I'm going to run that mile a lot better next week. I will!

Okay, packing awaits and I'd really love to get to be bed when most normal people do so going to cut this short tonight and sign off. Next blog from the state of Utah....

No comments: