Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's A Record

A record high of 71 in the Mile High City! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to run outdoors; I had to go to work. I could have run after work, considering I have the luxury of leaving work early every afternoon, but I opted to get my interval work done before the birds are chirping. Oh, no birds chirping in January, it just feels like it's June. Anyway, I got up at 5:00 this morning and did 8x800's. Scheduled plan was to do them at a 7:45 pace. I did one at this pace and I couldn't even get my HR up so I elected instead to do them at 7:35; even that pace seemed pretty easy for intervals. Maybe my legs are on the mend and starting to feel like they want to run again. My diet today was atrocious; I was feeling a huge sugar low and I compensated by over-indulging in the evil. Guess if you rid your body of such toxins too quickly, it counteracts by craving it that much more? Don't know. Tomorrow is a run-rest day; I will eat better!

6 miles run; intervals

No comments: