Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jan 3rd

Guilt! We all know the word and what it means. I woke up today and just had a bad headache and my shoulder muscles were sore (imagine!). The thought of using my shoulders to swim was becoming mentally painful. It's been a long time since I've had no Saturday committments and decided, after MUCH mental deliberation, that I'd take the day off of exercising and rest up for tomorrow's long run. Went to the movies with Abbey (and may I add that I did NOT have any popcorn!!), came home, worked on some writing (and blog) and suddenly, I felt incredibly guilty. The pool was calling my name and I was now thinking I needed to go. So at 5:30pm, off I went to swim some laps. I couldn't have been more glad I did: the pool was warmer than just a hair above freezing point like it was last weekend (I swear, it was so cold and I never warmed up - ever!); there was hardly anyone there (Please...it was a Saturday night for heaven's sake, only us soles with no hot dates are swimming laps on prime date night); and my son, Brendan, wasn't swimming with me so I could actually swim more then a couple laps at a time. Glad I went afterall :). I hope I don't regret that decision come tomorrow with sore muscles....but I don't think I swam enough for soreness to seep in. Calories burned, that's a good thing right now.

62 laps swimming

No comments: