Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jan 7th

An easy day of interval work. Not as sore today as I thought I may be from the upper body work from yesterday; this is good.

10x400's @ 1:45 (7:00 pace)
Didn't feel overly difficult but not sure I could have kept that pace for the entire mile.
Both knees felt great! Thanks knees!

What began the year with big ideas and big plans has sort of translationed between intent and action where excellence resides. It can be overwhelming in the face of all that needs to be done, to consider what I really want to do. I'm talking about getting back in touch with the desire of my heart. That's why this year instead of thinking about what I want to do in the year ahead, I am going to try to shift my perspective and consider who I want to be, what type of runner I want to be and where I'll be by this time next year. If I can figure out how to get my 'I am's' to fuel my 'to-do's' instead of the other way around, I think it could be a year of great growth. I need to pay attention so that the way I fill my time defines who I am by default.

5 miles run

1 comment:

Dennis said...

10 400's is a great workout, especially for January. Nice pace too. You are going to be incredible this year.