Monday, March 2, 2009

In Memory....

John's father passed away last night; we're all pretty sad, of course. He had a stroke on Super Bowl Sunday and never fully recovered. A second stroke caused his death last night. My heart is heavy..... I think we've all been there and know how tough it is. It's part of life, but we don't have to like it. He was one of the greatest guys out there: loyal, never said a mean word about anyone, never ever complained and was compassionate and caring to the core. He was also one of the most intelligent people I've ever met and I enjoyed his stories and memories; I look forward to reading memoirs about his travels as a missionary child in China to the Navy in WWII to his life at Princeton and then his days as a minister. He will be truly missed. The only picture I can find on my laptop of Al is one from about 2 1/2 years ago (my how Brendan has changed - thankfully) at his home in Albuquerque.


So to you, Al and John I say:
There are those that will lead us and protect us each step of the way. From beginning to end, for each moment forever each day; such a gift has been given, it can never be taken away. Though the body in passing must leave us, there is one to remain to receive us....there are those in this life who are friends from our heavenly home. He is so in my heart, he is here and can never be gone. You will never be alone, he will always be in your heart!
XOXO,
J


It was a gorgeous, sunny 73 today in Denver....who can complain. I spent a great deal of the morning contacting people about John's father and then I managed to get to Costo - which has been on my list of 'to do's' for about a month. Wish I could have said I spent the day outdoors but after the store, laundry was screaming to be sorted, I had about 10 loads sitting on my bedroom floor. But I did open my window and enjoyed the fresh air!! Another great day here tomorrow...but I am back to work. I'll head to my favorite trail after work for a good head de-clogging run. Weights tonight with Rob and some of those FUN ladders. I'm not sure my speed is picking up any but I do feel a little more comfortable.

One tired girl headed to bed. G'Night

Weight training: 1
Speed and agility:1

No comments: