Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


To all the moms out there, I hope your day was filled with joy!

Here's my day, in a quick nut-shell:

Woke up to rain. Lots of it. It rarely rains in Denver but for the past, oh, several weekends, it has. Today was no exception. I quasi thought about going for a 4 mile jaunt around the neighborhood to shake out the stiffness in my legs from yesterday's run. I had no desire to get wet so quickly vetoed that. So I pondered the pool. No, I still didn't want to get wet. So I did no physical exercise, except later when I went for a walk with Abbey for a bit (more on that in a minute).

I have a lot of writing to do this week. A lot. Plus, I was asked to do an interview by a woman that is writing an article for Women's Heath Magazine. I am in awe that she has asked ME!!! So I did a lot of "work" related stuff in the morning.

I was given a box of chocolate from my family. Bless them. I ate almost the entire box. And I'm not kidding. An afternoon hike was out, due to rain, so we instead opted to go downtown and eat Pizza at my favorite restaurant: Wazee. So now I've consumed an entire box of chocolate and ate 1 1/2 pieces of greasy pizza. I did have a spinach salad with my pizza though. And a beer. Yum. Decided on the way home to stop at Bonnie Brae and get ice cream (they make their own - it's awesome). Abbey didn't want any and decided, instead, to sit in the car and listen to the radio. So now I've consumed an entire box of chocolate, too much pizza and a scoop of pistachio ice cream (bless Mother's Day!). Walk back to the car from getting ice cream and it won't start. Battery dead. Called Triple A. Gonna be a bit before they can get there....so Abbey and I go for a walk around Washington Park; a beautiful area of older brick Tudor-style homes lined with big ol' trees. Also a very pricy area (one must pay for beauty ... and to not live in the suburbs. I long to live there someday when my kids are not in need of good schools). There was my exercise for the day; I secretly hoped that I burned off about half of the calories I just consumed with my ice cream. But I doubt it. After AAA arrived and got me going, I get home and the circuit breaker in my bathroom won't stay off and thus, all the "things" connected with that breaker are not working, including my refrigerator in the garage. It's apparently been like this all day cuz things are beginning to thaw. Attempt to do what I can, which isn't much except call out a few expletives, then finally thought of a friend who's husband is an electrician. Call him and finally figured out that it is actually a problem with the rain: all the rain has shorted out the pathway lights I have outside. So unplug those and wha-la, all is well again in electricity-land at the Parker house.

And how do you end one of the best rain-soaked, memory-filled Mother's Day? Well, with a large piece of cake, of course!!

No comments: