Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bolder Boulder in 7 hours

I must keep this short; I need to get up 1n less than 5 hours and running in 7. Busy day!

I took my Garmin watch this morning and read the manual, watched some Youtube videos on the thing and started playing. Somehow, I got the thing in GPS mode and for the life of me couldn't get it it out. I have absolutely no idea what combination of buttons I pushed but I managed to get it back to the start screen about an hour later. I took it and ran up to the track so I could monitor it's pace along with it's distance. I learned I cannot run a 10:30 minute pace...which is what my Team Oregon Pacing book says I should for a long run. Probably that's my problem in not running strong in a marathon, I'm running my long run too fast. Anyway, I did get a lot of the very basics learned with my watch but I cannot figure out how to get splits per mile so I'm going to not use it tomorrow. Which is a bummer because I was really looking forward to it to keep my pace where it needs to be. Err. Hopefully I can play with it more this week and get some more kinks worked out.

Race details tomorrow!!

3 miles run

No comments: