Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Massive wind at the track



An attempt to run a timed mile didn't go so well; the wind was horrible and I just struggled. Dennis took off work early because Rob was going to meet us (but later couldn't) so he could pace me (thanks, Dennis) but the wind just got the best of me and as hard as I tried, I couldn't get the pace I was hoping for. No need to really share the time, I plan to redo it...but suffice it to say, if I look at my Team Oregon Pace Tables, I should be able to run a 3:36 marathon. Interesting, since I truly think I am capable of running a 6:35 mile and that would put me at a 3:27 marathon. Hahahaha....that's kinda funny. That's not gonna happen. Anyway, the wind and the fact it was 86 degrees didn't give me the greatest mile time today but all in all, it wasn't too bad considering.

I came home from the wind and made dinner for the kids and then hit the treadmill for 3 more interval miles. 6:53 pace. No sense in venturing back out in the wind. They were hard but I held strong and finished them. My allergies are really bad again tonight; I should have taken my allergy medicine before I hit the track because as soon as I returned home, I had a sneezing attack and now my nose is a faucet. ugh. Hopefully this medicine will kick in soon!

Watching The Biggest Loser.....rooting for Mike but looks like it's Helen. She looks amazing for 48. Doubt she can maintain that 117 lbs weight for long. A day maybe?

Time to go write.

5 miles run



No comments: