Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Painted House

Wednesday 5:30 am workout this morning. A lot of leg work today and that actually went better than a few weeks ago when I did leg work and did something with my glute. So I was a bit hesitant with the lunges thingy; they did hurt my knee when doing them but we kept tweaking them so that they felt slightly better. Glute ouchy the entire time but I think that this is just what it is and not really going away. I am not certain if it's a pulled muscle or that Piriformis Syndrome that I mentioned a few weeks ago; the two are hard to distinguish as best I can tell. Either way, it seems to want to stick around awhile.

My sinuses/ear seem to be better today. I am majorly stoked that I am not taking major decongestants when I go to bed lately; that HAS to be making my running a tad happier!! And I felt that tonight when I ran 7 miles. My legs started out feeling really tired and I felt every step. I kept telling myself that if I could just finish this workout, then I could go home an take an ice bath; I was actually craving it, like a kid (or me?) craves candy! I truly believe that ice bath has really helped heal my aches and pains. It must have been the antidote that my legs needed because suddenly, they were feeling much better and we (my legs and I) picked up the pace and ran home a little harder. I stopped at the gas station on the way home and bought a bag of ice; seems my little freezer isn't cannot make enough ice cubes to get the water temp to "cold" for my ice baths so thought of this ice-buying idea as I hopped into my car to head home. It was heaven. It never gets easier getting into a cold bath but once you're in, it really DOES feel good. I swear, it's very healing! One more tough run tomorrow then off for a bit before log run. I may try to go to cycling class on Friday morning but Rob mentioned something about working out again on Friday. Hum. I think I'm in full marathon training mode right now; landed there without even really knowing...but DO need to be!

I have caused a major uproar in the neighborhood; I filed a complaint with the HOA against my neighbor's new paint color. OMG! It's is bright, bright, bright baby blue! I wouldn't be surprised if it's not glowing in the dark right now! Anyway, while on a mad search for a paint color # to make the HOA happy, I was in the office today and told the guy working there that I was not happy with the obnoxious color I was going to have to live next to and what the ramifications were for not getting their color approved. I went to get my haircut and upon my return, Abbey ran out to the garage as I pulled in and told me that there was big drama going on next door. I looked out and there were a slew of HOA officials standing in the driveway so I quickly closed the garage door (chicken for sure) and Abbey filled me in on what was going on. I don't think they are going to repaint but no one with any sort of association to the HOA was happy. Good think I don't really like those neighbors anyway; I stay away from them as much as possible. Will be interesting to see how that all pans out. In the meantime, I will make sure my paint chip is an approved HOA color :)!!

7 miles run
Weight training: 1

No comments: