Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Boston Playlist




A-Punk 2:20 Vampire Weekend

Bittersweet 6:20 Big Head Todd and the Monsters

Chocolate 3:11 Snow Patrol

Closing Time 4:34 Semisonic

Come on Eileen 4:47 Dexy's Midnight Runners

Crack the Shutters 3:21 Snow Patrol

Dancing In The Street 3:43 Van Halen

Disturbia 3:59 Rihanna

Feel Good Inc. 3:41 Gorillaz

Gimme Some Lovin' 2:58 The Spencer Davis Group

Good 3:07 Better Than Ezra

Gotta Be Somebody 4:13 Nickelback Dark Horse Rock

Hanging Around 3:41 Gemma Hayes

Hollow Man 2:39 R.E.M.

Hot N Cold 3:40 Katy Perry

House of Cards 5:28 Radiohead

I Confess 4:35 The English Beat

Into the Night 3:42 Santana

Jumper 4:35 Third Eye Blind

Just Dance 4:02 Lady GaGa & Colby O'Donis

Let It Rock 3:58 Kevin Rudolf

Lost in the Supermarket 3:52 The Clash

Love Hurts 3:57 Incubus

Love Like This 3:42 Natasha Bedingfield Pocketful of Sunshine

Love Story 3:55 Taylor Swift

Love, Save the Empty 3:16 Erin McCarley

The Lovers Are Losing 5:04 Keane

Mercy 3:42 Duffy

More Time 4:22 Needtobreathe

Over My Head (Cable Car) 4:21 The Fray

Read My Mind 4:07 The Killers

Rooftops 4:13

S.O.S. 3:21 ABBA

Sandstorm 7:26 Darude Sandstorm

Semi-Charmed Life 4:31 Third Eye Blind

Sober 4:12 P!nk Funhouse

A Sorta Fairy Tale 5:29 Tori Amos

Shattered (Turn the Car Around) 4:14 O.A.R.

Sober 4:12 P!nk Funhouse

Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand 5:37 Primitive Radio Gods

Steady, As She Goes 3:37 The Raconteurs

Sweet Home Alabama 4:45 Lynyrd Skynyrd

Take Back the City 4:38 Snow Patrol

This Must Be the Place 4:55 Talking Heads

Tubthumping 3:34 Chumbawampa

Two Princes 4:17 Spin Doctors

Viva la Vida 4:01 Coldplay

Wannabe 2:57 Spice Girls

Wish You Were Here 3:37 Incubus

What Is Love 4:32 Haddaway

Where the Streets Have No Name 5:40 U2

Whisper to the Scream 3:51 Icicle Works

You Make My Dreams Come True 3:09 Hall & Oats


There ya' go! That's my list. I have no idea if it's even close to my hopeful marathon finish time, I started adding up all the times and I gave up; too complicated, my mind is not functioning on anything too well right now. I'm probably a good hour plus short but I have spent way too much time on this thing and it's just going to have to do, I have run out of time to keep working on it. I decided these are a set of songs I like, be it for the beat or the lyrics (or both) and I think they will help ease my mind for 26 miles. If I run out of music with mileage to cover, I'll just replay it. These are great songs! Enjoy.

If there is one thing I have learned today it's this (and it's not what you might think - ha!): if Denver is ever in a drought, just book me a flight to a race and it's a sure thing it will snow...and snow a lot!!! 1-2' (that is FEET!) of snow predicted here, starting tonight and going through to Saturday morning. I have an 8:00 a.m. flight so hopefully I will be able to avoid a lot of this mess....but who knows! I called my friend from Iowa, Karen, who flying out to be my Boston cheerleader and told her she may need to don my bib and run the race herself (she doesn't run). She didn't find that comment too humorous, nor the one that told her to take lots of pictures so I could see what Boston looks like :).

I am ready to go to Boston (not literally; I have not packed one thing. And I'm not kidding! I have so much to do. errr). I woke up this morning and felt this urgency that this race needed to be done. I am tired, I am stressed, and I just want to go to Boston, have a great visit with my friends, see a new town I've never been to (and always wanted to), and RUN A GREAT RACE, drink lots of beer to celebrate, have a good nights' sleep, and come home!!!

I am ready, Boston!!

I am suppose to run 2 miles tonight but I just don't think I can get it in (shameful!). I'll be sure to do that tomorrow instead!

1 comment:

JonathanMarathonMan said...

Great playlist. Some of them I do not know but I will check them out. I will call you after I cross the finish line so let's see how close I can get to the magic 3:30:59
I think I am going to give it my best shot , a 1:45 at the half then stop 1 min for fluids, pain pills, GU, calcium then off to the races again for the last half !